'The funding for pupils who have SEND is used effectively. The newly appointed special educational needs coordinator (SENCo) is determined in her role to improve the progress and attainment of these pupils. The SENCo values the support provided by external agencies. She has developed clear procedures to support and monitor teaching and learning. Through this effective support, most current pupils who have SEND are making good progress from their starting points.' (Ofsted, July 2019.)
Hello, my name is Mary Savage and I am the Inclusion Manager at Whitegate C of E Primary.
We are committed to providing a fully accessible environment which values and includes all pupils, staff, parents and visitors regardless of their education, physical, sensory, social, spiritual, emotional and cultural needs. We are committed to challenging negative attitudes about disability and accessibility and to develop a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion. We have a range of facilities to help remove barriers to learning for our pupils. Please see in the files below for some additional information and our policies related to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Please note, I am available Monday to Friday, with Wednesday being my dedicated SEND time, for any questions, queries or concerns you may have.
Please click here for further information on Cheshire West & Chester Council's Local Offer.
The Special Education and Disability (SEND) information below outlines the provision offered to SEND pupils attending our school.
Who can I contact for further information?
- CLASS TEACHER as initial contact- either by personal contact or email to school administration
- INCLUSION MANAGER (SENDCO) – Mrs Mary Savage 01606 212203 firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEAD TEACHER – Mrs Caroline Mackenzie 01606 212203 email@example.com
- PARENT PARTNERSHIP CWAC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CWAC SEN TEAM : email@example.com
- THE LOCAL OFFER: https://livewell.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/Categories/3948
- Please see 'SEND Information' for detailed information about how we can help a child with diagnosed or unspecific learning difficulties and Special Educational Needs