Welcome to the Governors' Page.
School governors are people who want to make a positive conrtibution to children's education.
As a Church school our governing board includes foundation governors appointed by the Diocesan Board of Education as awell as a staff governor, parent governors, a local education authority appointed governor and a co-opted governor. Governors are generally appointed for a period of 4 years.
The governors are legally responsible for the operation of the school including staff appointments, school budget, health and safety, safeguarding, maintaining the school buildings and equipment and monitoring the school's performance.
The governing board has three key roles:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
The full governing board meets at least once each term and in addition sub-committees meet at least once per term . If you wish to see minutes of any governing board meetings please ask in the office.
If you are interested in learning more about the work of the Governing Board or becoming a governor please contact our Chair of Governors, Mrs Teresa Finney, using the email address email@example.com.
Listed below are all the members of the Full Governing Board (FGB)
1. DBE/ Foundation - Mrs Teresa Finney
2. Head teacher - Mrs Caroline Mackenzie
3. DBE/ Foundation - Mr James Bancroft
4. DBE/ Foundation - Mrs M Baldini
5. DBE/Foundation - Mrs D Bancroft
6. Elected Parent - Mrs Ruta Porwoll
7. Elected Parent - Mrs Emma Soame
8. Staff Governor - Mrs Sharron Ross
9 LA Governor - Mrs Val Cotterill
10. DBE /Foundation - Mr Michael Field
11. DBE /Foundation - Vacant
12.Vicar/ Exoficio - Revd Canon Paul Dawson
DBE = Diocesan Board of Education
LA = Local Authority