Our Core Values
Our core value this half-term is JUSTICE
TREATING PEOPLE FAIRLY
"What does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8)
Our Christian values are ones that are shared by many people in this country because the Christian faith has for centruries been a driving force in our education and legal system and have made their mark on British history. These values are intrinsically linked with British values.
- We share the love of God with everyone
- We show thankfulness for all of God's gifts
- We trust in God knowing that he is with us at all times
- We grow in wisdom as we learn from our mistakes and from others
- We find joy in a love of learning
- We respect other people's differences, cultures and beliefs
- We have a responsiblity to act with honesty at all times
- We model perseverance even when it is difficult to do so, knowing that God will help us to achieve our best.
Our core Christian values were agreed in the Summer Term of 2017 after consulting with teachers, parents, governors and, of course, our children - who had the final say! These were then evaluated and refined as a result of updating our school vision and aims in the Spring Term of 2019.
Many thanks to our Christian Values Group who composed our core values statements.